ON THE SHENANDOAH
All of our guests love sitting out on the patio enjoying the Shenandoah River view.
Welcome to River Haven Chalet, located on the Shenandoah River in Luray, Virginia.
Come and enjoy River Haven Chalet, relax under the shade trees, riverfront on the Shenandoah!
Our low bank river access is perfect for you to drift away in one of the canoes we provide, as you cast your line for bass, perch or catfish. We have provided a fire pit and a charcoal grill by the river in case you want to cook your catch! The torches will light the night for you as you roast marshmallows, or make s’mores! This getaway is devoted to fun, just unwind, and be at peace. Play kickball, baseball, football, throw a Frisbee; our huge yard welcomes you.
Choose to relax with morning coffee on the balcony as the sun comes up over the river. Sit in the shade on the patio with your afternoon iced tea, maybe the swing under the balcony overlooking the river, whatever makes you comfortable. You will discover the seclusion and privacy are incredible.
Our chalet style log cabin is just 7 minutes from Luray Caverns, the Greenway Walking Trail, antique shops, specialty shops.
- It is beautifully clean, comfortably furnished and ready for up to 6 guests.
- We feature 2 baths
- 2 lower level bedrooms and a loft with 2 twin sized beds.
- You may bring your own bed linens or we will provide them with advance notice.
- The eat-in kitchen is nicely equipped and leads to the back deck for easy grilling on the gas grill.
The large yard has room for frisbee, football, volleyball and croquet. Don’t forget roasting marshmallows in the riverside fire pit, firewood is provided. The patio overlooking the river features outdoor furniture and there is porch swing is under the front balcony.
Whether you you want to laze in the shade or bask in the sun, the choice is yours!
RIVER HAVEN CHALET RATES
Rate is for up to 6 guests in the chalet.
- Weeknight: $200.00
- Two Night Weekend: $550.00
- Three Night Weekend: $650.00
- Holiday Weekend 3 nights: $700.00
- Midweek: (4 nights): $800.00
- Full week: (7 nights): $1200.00
DOES NOT INCLUDE 10.3% SALES & LODGING TAX.
Easter: 2 night minimum $600.00
Thanksgiving: 2 night minimum $600.00
Christmas: 2 night minimum $600.00
New Year’s: 2 night minimum $600.00
Three Day Weekend Holidays:
President’s Day Weekend: $700.00
Memorial Day Weekend: $700.00
Labor Day Weekend: $700.00
Columbus Day Weekend: $700.00
- No smoking in the cabin
- Check in: 3:00 p.m. / Check out: 11:00 a.m.
- Sheets and towels not provided.
- MAXIMUM GUESTS FOR CABIN IS 6.
- 30 day written notice for full refund, on shorter notice refund based on ability to release or rebook.
LINKS TO LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
- Anthony’s Pizza
- Big Meadow Lodge
- Brookside Restaurant
- Circa 31 at the Mimslyn Inn
- Dan’s Steak House
- Dubliners Celtic Pub
- East Wok
- Dominicos Italian Restaurant
- Gathering Grounds
- Hawksbill Diner
- Gennaro’s Italian Restaurant
- Main Street Bakery
- Mrs. B’s Pizza
- Rancho Viejo Mexican Grill
- The Speakeasy- Mimslyn Inn
- Uncle Bucks
- West Main Market
Historic Luray, VA
The Page Valley is steeped in history. Downtown Luray is picture perfect to be sure. Small town stores dot Main Street and beyond. Antiques, window shopping, and good dining are all available in Luray! There are many activities and sites to see in Luray/Page County, Virginia. Here are some ideas for you:
- Canoe, tube, or fish on the Shenandoah River
- Swim, kayak, or canoe in season at Lake Arrowhead and enjoy a picnic in the park all year round
- Horse back ride at some of the nearby stables and trails
- Cycle country back roads
- Visit Valley antique shops
- Explore Civil War sites
- Tour Luray Caverns as well as Endless Caverns and Skyline Caverns
The Vineyards, Wineries, & Distilleries
Page County and surrounding communities are filled with vineyards, all of which are within a short driving distance from Open Arms!
- Chester Gap Cellars
- Copper Fox Distillery
- Desert Rose Winery
- DuCard Vineyard
- Gadino Cellars
- Rappahannock Cellars
- River Hill Distillery, Luray
- Sharp Rock Vineyards
- Wisteria Farm and Vineyard
- Discover Shenandoah – Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop, Antiquer’s Treasure Trail, Art Lover’s Buy-way, Delightful Dining Trail
OUR PHOTO GALLERY
GET IN TOUCH WITH US!